- Things that use Twitter (eg third party apps like Paper.li)
- Not Twitter
Finding stuff on Twitter
- New to Twitter
- Acronyms and dictionary of terms
- What’s a #hashtag for?
- Why do people put a . in front of an @ at the start of a tweet?
- Did they send that tweet themself, or use automated software? – see also forensic Twitter below
- How did that person find me on Twitter?
- If your account is tweeting without your permission… some suggestions
- Is this Twitter follower real or a spam account?
- Sharing a tweet via its link will likely notify the user
- “This tweet is unavailable” – it can mean 3 different things
Blocking on Twitter
- Twitter now lets you see the tweets of people who’ve blocked you
written from the perspective where you’re the one that’s been blocked
- Twitter now lets people you’ve blocked see your tweets
written from the perspective of you blocking someone – note that they can still see your tweets
- Can you stop someone from seeing your tweets?
- Twitter’s closed its loophole on searching blocked tweets (but not very well)
- What’s the difference between mute & block? (Mute often better)
- Why do I block accounts on Twitter? What’s the point?
- How to reply to, or RT, tweets from someone who’s blocked you (Dabr, Echofon, Janetter)
Frequency of tweets / timing
Capturing tweets, eg for evidence
2. Things that use Twitter but aren’t Twitter (inc 3rd party apps)
- How to stop receiving automated tweets from Paper.li
- Opting out of Twitter’s 3rd party community-building apps
- How to display Instagram pictures correctly in tweets using IFTTT
- Instagram pictures don’t show on Twitter (don’t autopreview) – no idea why
- Setting up a ‘tweet this post’ link on websites
- How to use Storify like a pro to collect tweets
3. Not Twitter
- How to find text quickly on a web page or in a file – CtrlF or CommandF (Mac)
- How to attach an open file to an email on a Mac h/t @davidious
- How to embed Google forms in WordPress.com websites
- Google spreadsheets timestamp – US to UK date format settings
- Google cache (& other search engines): finding deleted pages or seeing your words on the page in colour
- Word: use AutoCorrect to save time typing the same long words
- Taking a screenshot
- How to download Vines (yours or someone else’s) via a desktop computer
- Google is fiddling about with mobile search results, using ‘AMP’. Not sinister, bit annoying though
- Converting a single A4 PDF into two A5 copies on one page